About Fast Android Networking Library (supports all types of HTTP/HTTPS request like GET, POST, DELETE, HEAD, PUT, PATCH)
Here are some advantages of using my Fast Android Networking library over other libraries:
- OkHttpClient can be customized for every request easily — like timeout customization, etc. for each request.
- As it uses OkHttpClient and Okio, it is faster.
- Supports RxJava and RxJava2 — check here.
- Supports JSON Parsing to Java Objects (also support Jackson Parser).
- Complete analytics of any request can be obtained. You can know bytes sent, bytes received, and the time taken on any request. These analytics are important so that you can find the data usage of your application and the time taken for each request, so you can identify slow requests.
- You can get the current bandwidth and connection quality to write better logical code — download high quality images on excellent connection quality and low on poor connection quality.
- Proper Response Caching — which leads to reduced bandwidth usage.
- An executor can be passed to any request to get a response in another thread. If you are doing a heavy task with the response, you can not do that in main thread.
- A single library for all types of networking — download, upload, multipart.
- Prefetching of any request can be done so that it gives instant data when required from cache.
- All types of customization are possible.
- Immediate Request really is immediate now.
- Proper request cancelling.
- Prevents cancellation of a request if it’s completed more than specific threshold percentage.
- A simple interface to make any type of request.
Why should you use Fast Android Networking Library?
- Recent removal of HttpClient in Android Marshmallow(Android M) made other networking library obsolete.
- No other single library do each and everything like making request, downloading any type of file, uploading file, loading image from network in ImageView, etc. There are libraries but they are outdated.
- As it uses OkHttp, most important it supports HTTP/2.
- No other library provides simple interface for doing all types of things in networking like setting priority, cancelling, etc.
How to use the Fast Android Networking library:
More examples and the Fast Android Networking Library Github Project are available here.
We need developers to contribute to this Fast Android Networking library and help make networking better on Android.
Using Fast Android Networking with RxJava can be read here.
For full details, visit the documentation on our web site :