How To Learn Android Development?
I have seen most of us asking how to learn Android programming and become a complete Android developer. Here, I have tried to cover most of the important things in the Android Development that I have learned the hard way. Learning Android Development is a step by step process, so you must learn it step by step. So this guide will also show how to learn android app development step by step. No one can become a complete android developer in 30 days, so it’s a journey.
Let's get started and learn Android Development.
- First of all, you must have a basic knowledge of the Java language for Android Development. Learn the Java language from here [Link to learn Java]
- Set up Android Studio IDE of Android Development on your PC or Laptop. Refer here.
- Take a course or any book on Android app development with which you are comfortable. Being comfortable with the course or with the book is very very important. When you take the course or read the book, always apply that on a sample app. I mean to say that build something on whatever you read.
Android Development Online Course for Beginners: This course is for beginners for those who want to get started with Android Development. In this course, you will learn Android Development and build two Android Applications: TodoNotes and Ride-Sharing Uber Android App.
- Learn about the components of Android such as Activity, View, Intent, Activity Lifecycle, SharedPreferences, RecyclerView, and etc.
- Get Started With Kotlin: After having the basic knowledge of Java, you can learn Kotlin basics and use it in the Android App Development.
- Learn about the Process, Thread: Apps like WhatsApp take advantage of thread to make the Android application run faster and give you the best user experience.
- Learn about the Singleton Design Pattern.
- Learn to use Database in Android App Development: WhatsApp uses a database to store your message, even if you are not connected to the internet, you can see all the messages which you have sent or received.
- Learn about the Permissions: You must have seen how the Andriod app like WhatsApp asks for contact permission.
- Learn about Image Loading in Android Development: For example, Instagram loads the images in the feed using the Image Loading libraries like Glide.
- Learn to use WorkManager in Android App Development: Using WorkManager, NewsApp can fetch the data even when you are sleeping and show you the fresh news when you open the app in the morning even if you are not connected to the Internet.
- Learn to implement Notification in Android App: Almost all the Android App uses this to notify you about any updates.
- Learn Networking in Android: Apps like Instagram, WhatsApp uses this to fetch data from the server.
- ViewPager and Fragment: WhatsApp uses ViewPager to let users scroll between chats fragment, status fragment, call fragment.
- Learn to debug an Android Application: This is a very important skill for Android Developers.
- App Release: At the end, you release your app on PlayStore and reach your users easily.
- Learn what is a context in Android?
- Learn to use the ConstraintLayout for UI building.
- Learn to build CustomView in Android.
- Learn about Canvas.
- Learn about MVP architecture.
- Learn to build Android Apps like Ride-Sharing Uber Lyft: You will get to learn about Google Maps, Location, Animation while building the features.
Android Development Online Course for Professionals: In this online course, you’ll learn the Dagger, Kotlin, RxJava, MVVM Architecture, Architecture Components, Jetpack, LiveData, ViewModel, Room Database, Database Design, Multithreading, Memory Management, Networking, Caching, How Glide works, Unit Testing, and the best practices for Android Development. By the end of this online course, you will have all the skills you need to become a professional Android Developer.
- Learn about Dependency Management in Android App Development: When projects become bigger, you will need to know about Dependency Management and use Dagger in your project to manage dependencies. Companies like Google use Dagger.
- Learn advanced concepts in Kotlin and use it in Android App Development.
- Learn Architectural Components for Android App Development: Architecture components help in managing our UI component lifecycle and handling data persistence.
- Learn RxJava. Now a day RxJava is a must for developing an Android app.
- Learn about Database Design and design your database in Android efficiently.
- Learn Advanced concepts of Networking. Android Apps like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook uses Networking libraries to fetch the data from the server.
- Learn about MVVM architecture: MVVM architecture is a Model-View-ViewModel architecture that removes the tight coupling between each component. Most importantly, in this architecture, the children don't have the direct reference to the parent, they only have the reference by observables. Nowadays, most of the companies use this architecture in Android App Development.
- Learn Unit Testing. It forces you to follow architecture in the codebase, help in fast failure detection in the development cycle and helps you in safer code refactoring, letting you optimize code without worrying about regressions.
- Learn about the Android Build System and memory Management: Knowing about the Android Build system, Memory Management will help you in two ways: Building App which will consume less memory and Cracking the Interviews of top companies.
- Learn about Handler in Android: Android Looper, Handler, and HandlerThread are among the building blocks of Android OS. So this is one of the most asked topics during the interview.
- Learn How The Android Image Loading Library Glide and Fresco Works?: Knowing the internals of a 3rd party library is important to get the most out of it.
- Android App Optimization Using ArrayMap and SparseArray.
And finally, we have also created the cheat sheet for Android Interview Questions.
All Free Android Tutorials by MindOrks - Refer to this now.
Happy Learning :)